The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, post a recap for the week before, showcase books and things we have received, etc.
After fourteen weeks, I’ve finally made it to my final week of student teaching. Friday’s science lesson was the last official lesson I will be teaching in that classroom. It makes me sad to know that I’m leaving soon. I love working with my co-operating teacher and the class aide. I love getting to see the students make progress or finally realize that they can do so much more than they thought they could. Overall, I’m going to miss the building. I had an internship and subbed in this building all of last year, and this year they can’t afford either of those options. But it’s time to move one step closer to getting my license and starting my career as a teacher.
I have a few job openings that I’m applying for. The one I’m really hoping I’ll get is in the autism units. If you’ve followed my blog in the past, you may remember me talking about them. I got the opportunity to sub in the classroom on the day before Thanksgiving and discovered they are going to be looking for a full time classroom teacher’s assistant. I won’t be able to get my license until June, so I truly hope this opportunity opens up for me. I adore working with the kids and I honestly want some consistency in my final semester of Grad school. If there’s one thing that really dragged me down last Spring, it was being thrown from class to class every day.
Yesterday, my son and I were able to see Senator Nina Turner and Senator Bernie Sanders speak about the new tax plan. Whatever your stance on the subject, it’s always an interesting experience to go to a political rally and we were actually able to meet both senators. My son cried because he didn’t get an opportunity to give Bernie his jokes he had printed off. Some of the staff saw his crying and brought the senator back over and we even got to take a selfie with him!
It’s going to be a sad and hard final week for me. But I do look forward to having a break in my school schedule and to catch up on some reading.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that this week is full of great books!
All book covers are linked to my personal review of the book or it’s Goodreads or Amazon page.
I’m a bit behind on reviews, so here’s the ones that will be coming out soon:
Here’s my (general) upcoming TBR list in no particular order:
As you may or may not have realized, my school and student teaching has completely taking over my life for the past eight months. So much so that I received my November order for Scholastic yesterday and realized I still hadn’t unboxed October’s order… Continue Reading Here
- The Watsons Go To Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis
- Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai
- Make Way for Dyamonde Danial by Nikki Grimes
- Mae and June and the Wonder Wheel by Charise Mericle Harper
- The Last Kids on Earth by Max Brallier
- The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade by Max Brallier
- The Best School Year Ever by Barbara Robinson
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
- More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
- Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz
- Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary
- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Eleanor Coerr
- Tales from the Arabian Nights
- Lola Levine is NOT Mean! by Monica Brown
- Little Rhino: My New Team by Ryan Howard & Krystle Howard
- Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage
- Eagle Song by Joseph Bruchac
- The Rough-Face Girl by Race Martin & David Shannon
- Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters: An African Tale by John Steptoe
- The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
- Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets by Dav Pilkey
- Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds) by Dav Pilkey
- Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants by Dav Pilkey
- Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman by Dav Pilkey
- Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets by Dav Pilkey
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney